Know Your Photo Booth Needs
Photo Booth Rental Options
More and more families are choosing to add photo booth rentals to their celebrations. Whether it be a holiday, birthday, Quince or wedding, many are choosing photo booths to capture memories and entertain guests. We receive many calls from high end brides to 1st birthday party planners that attended an event and remembered the amount of fun they had being a guest in some one else's photo booth. These services can vary greatly. All photo booths will provide the following benefits for your guests:
- Keepsakes they can take home
- Fun while posing and trying on props
- Entertainment during down times
- Memories for you via the pictures taken at your event
That being said, not all photo booths are created equal so you must take the time to think about what your needs are. Do you plan on using the booth to entertain the children while the adults dance and mingle? If this is the case, be sure to ask you photo booth company the following questions.
- "Do you allow children under 12 admittance without and adult? Some companies have a strict no unattended children policy that you may have to take into account. If this is the case, you may consider hiring a teen or designated person to watch over the children so that you can enjoy your day.
- "How many sessions can the children have in the booth?" Some companies may limit the amount of times the same children can go through.
Is your photo booth intended to document and record your memories of your once-in-a-lifetime event? If this is the case, we would suggest not using price as your determining factor. Lower price often means lower service, less stable equipment or presentation and less insurance held by your potential company.
Let's face it, a good company will have expenses that they must meet to provide you with excellent service. These expenses may be added insurance, workers compensation insurance to hire good quality attendants, back-up equipment which may save the day in case of a technological failure and the lasted and high quality equipment to capture your special day. If you are hiring a photo booth company for more than entertainment for children, a higher cost may translate into better memories for you in the long run.
Once you have established what your needs are, be sure to ask plenty of questions when booking your date. We have compiled a small list of very important questions that may help you determine which company is right for you:
- What kind of equipment to do use?
- Do you carry back-up equipment?
- Are your attendants insured?
- Are props included in the price?
- What is your policy on children using the booth?
- How will I receive my photos?
- Will the ink fade on my strips over time?
- Who will actually be attending my event?
- What type of lighting do you use?
- Is the booth sit down or stand up and is it handicap accessible?
- What venues have you worked with in the past?
- Do you have any reviews I can read?
Follow these simple tips and you are sure to choose the photo booth rentals company that matches your needs for having a booth at your special event.